WE CONTINUE OUR HYBRID SCHEDULE THROUGH AUGUST 8TH!
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO READ ABOUT UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
THINGS TO KNOW AS WE JOIN TOGETHER IN THE STUDIO AGAIN ~ Please read carefully and in entirety!
1. Learn the Firefly Hug! We love sharing love, support, happiness, kindness, and connection with hugs at Firefly, and we want to keep up that sharing; it’ll just look different! To greet each other, we invite you to place your hand over your heart and send love from your heart with your eyes! We want to be a bright spot and not a hotspot, so we ask that you observe this without exception, not because we don’t love you, but because we DO!
2. Join us in-person if you’re feeling 100%! If you are experiencing ANY symptoms of any kind - fever, sore throat, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, etc. – we will love to welcome you WHEN YOU FEEL BETTER! Please practice with us online until then! Our streamed classes are still free or donation-welcome!
3. Sign up and pay for your class ahead of timeto reserve your space and so that we can be streamlined and contactless! On Sunday evenings, a link to a Google Form will be included in our newsletter. Click the link and add your name to a space in your desired class(es). Please make sure that you have a class package with us before you sign up, and we will use a class from your package each time you practice with us in person. Class will “close” one hour before it begins, so if you’ve saved a space, you’ll be “charged” a class. You may remove your name anytime UP UNTIL one hour before class time without us deducting a class. PLEASE only sign up for a class if you fully intend to be there! If class is “full,” and you’d like, you may add your name to the “wait list” below the class sign up boxes. Check back one hour before class to see if any spaces opened. If one did, the first wait list person can join, and so on. If you aren’t sure if you have classes left, or if you want to purchase a single class or package, please message us at email@example.com, and we can invoice you. You are also welcome to buy classes for future use in-studio when you are there for class.
4. Bring your own mat to practice! This goes for any props you like to use, too!
5. Our cubbies are multi-purpose! For this season, they will just fulfill their jobs as “wall” and “beautiful art!” They will be on vacation from their “holding our stuff” purpose! When you come to the studio, please bring a small bag for your belongings. This can be placed against the wall near your mat space (behind you if you’re in the back row, in front of you if you’re in the front) during practice. When you arrive at the studio, maybe you’ll remove your shoes and then either place them in your bag or carry them to your space and leave them near your mat, also.
6. We’ll all make an effort to honor each other’s spaces. That includes our instructors. We will refrain from walking around the studio among the mats during classes with the exception that we might move to one end of the room or the other to demonstrate for you.
7. Follow your guides. Since generally, everyone will be arriving and then leaving at the same time, our front door should be a good option most of the time! However, Erin on Tuesdays and Lindsay on Wednesdays might invite you to exit through the back door since we have back-to-back classes on those evenings.
8. Remember that we can be flexible! If we find any of this needs tweaking, or that there are classes that you can’t “get into” but want to, we will adjust accordingly! Along those lines, if you wanted to take a particular class but didn’t get into it or on the wait list, PLEASE reply to the Sunday evening e-mail to let us know so we can look at options for the future!
TWO NEW MONTHLY YIN CLASSES BEGIN IN AUGUST
On the first Monday of each month at 5 pm, you'll find Lindsay in-studio for YIN WITH SOUND, and on the second Friday, Barbara will lead an evening CANDLELIGHT YIN at 6:30! Please look for Facebook events for details on these special classes that feature stillness for body and mind. They will work like regular studio classes in that you are asked to sign up using the weekly Google Form.
YOGA NIDRA SESSIONS WITH DEBBIE PARSONS AGAIN VIA ZOOM ON AUGUST 13th & 27th at 7:30!
Yoga Nidra, sometimes called Yogic Sleep, is the ultimate practice in reducing anxiety and tension in the three areas we experience them: physically, mentally and emotionally. The practice entails lying on the floor and simply listening as you are guided to float your awareness to things such as different parts of your body, aspects of your breathing pattern, as well as a guided visualization. It's one of the most simple, yet effective practices for deep relaxation within yoga! To join Debbie for this special practice, sign up on our Google Form for this week as you would any in-studio class (even though it'll be on Zoom!). As usual for our online classes these days, it is free of charge, but you are welcome to voluntarily let us know you'd like us to use a class, or we welcome donations via Venmo @fireflyyogacompany.
PRENATAL YOGA IS BACK!
While we welcome expectant mamas in any of our classes, we are happy to offer classes just for them on Thursdays at 11:15 am! These classes focus on poses for women in all phases of pregnancy as well as helping to develop proper breathing and relaxation techniques for an easier and more comfortable labor. You might consider bringing pillows or a bolster and blocks if you have them, along with your own mat, for your class.
CHAIR YOGA IS ON A BREAK
We believe yoga is truly for every body, and we also know that sometimes the typical asana practice can present challenges for some. We are excited to continue offering chair yoga in 2020 on Sunday afternoons at a NEW TIME of 2-3 pm for just a $5 donation, with Jack! Please help us let people who might benefit from this style yoga know about this special class. (On Teacher Training weekends, we don't get to also host chair yoga. Those dates with NO CHAIR YOGA CLASS are 1/19, 2/16, 3/29, 4/5, 5/3, 5/31, 6/14, 7/12, 7/26, and 8/23.)
BABY & ME YOGA CLASSES, on a break for now
FIREFLY IS IN ORLANDO, TOO, A STUDIO WITHOUT "WALLS"
Wow, now more than ever, huh? Of course our East End and Collective classes are also on hold, but we hope to be back with you in those places soon!
Even though our building is in Ocoee, we love to share yoga downtown. You can find a Firefly instructor at East End Market (3201 Corrine Dr, Orlando, FL 32803) on Tuesdays at 6:30 pm. We are grateful to offer a donation-based class in this beautiful, magical space!
Also, click on the Collective page to learn about our yoga offerings in Downtown Orlando at COAL! (on hold for now)
news & events
Copyright Firefly Yoga Company. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to our Ocoee studio newsletter.
OCOEE STUDIO: 1575 Maguire Road, Ocoee, FL
Collective at COAL: 619 N. Thornton Avenue, Orlando, FL