Firefly Yoga Company Teacher Training!
Before you read further, here are a couple of questions people often have about yoga teacher training, in general...
WHAT IF I DON'T ACTUALLY WANT TO TEACH YOGA?
That's totally cool! While the program IS designed to result in students being ABLE to teach a yoga class, there are many other great reasons that people choose to undergo the training journey. Maybe it shouldn't even be called "teacher training" for that reason. Often, students join based on a desire to deepen their practices, learn about yoga philosophy, connect with community, create accountability in practice, or just have a built-in mini weekend retreat for several months!
WHAT IF I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THE POSES WELL? I DON'T THINK I'M READY FOR TRAINING.
Also cool! One of the common reflections trainees share is that they realized in training that it's not at all about "getting the poses perfect" (We never do, anyway; that's why it's called a "practice!"). We are there to grow together. If we had it all figured out already, what would be the point of training? :)
Each year, we reevaluate and rework our training program so that we can continue to offer what we hope will be the best experience we can share that will leave you as prepared as possible to teach yoga, or that will simply be a meaningful deepening of your practice if you feel you are called to remain a student. Regardless of the logistics and dates, our objectives are to ensure that our graduates could…
We generally meet for ten weekends over the course of eight to nine months. In addition to training weekends, there is a ten-class per month requirement, and some field trips and homework will also be expected.
TRAINING WEEKEND DATES FOR 2023 are January 29, February 11/12, March 4/5, April 1/2, May 6/7 AND May 20/21, June 10/11, July 15/16, August 5/6 AND August 19/20 - Graduation Day!
Deposits ($240) and applications for 2023 were due by January 7th (early bird was December 16th 2022). Since our class size is limited, it can help to be on the earlier side of submitting your application/deposit.
The cost of training is $2960 to be paid in four equal installments of $740 each, or there is an early bird, paid-in-full discounted rate of $2760*. Tuition includes unlimited yoga at Firefly for the duration of training!
In order to provide a high-quality training, we limit admission to ten students. If you’d like to be considered for next year’s training class, we invite you to let us know of your interest. Your future application will also include providing forms from some references who will attest to your amazingness!
Please contact us if you’d like to learn more or receive an application! We are happy to help if you have questions as you are discerning if our program is right for you. We definitely encourage you to practice at the studio to see if our community and spirit resonate with you if you aren’t a regular student with us already.
*Some notes about 2023 Level One fees:
1. If you are accepted and go the $740 installments route, payments will be due on January 21st ($500 because you'll have paid the deposit), March 6th, May 8th, and June 12th.
2. If you are accepted and go the early bird route, $2760 is due on December 16th.
3. The $240 application fee is due on January 7, 2023, and is one of the following: (a) non-refundable and applied to your first payment if you are accepted to the program, (b) non-refundable if you decide not to train with us, OR (c) refundable if for some reason you are not accepted into the program (if, for example, we cannot take you because we reach capacity or if we decline to enter into commitment with you because your references or application suggest that our training might not be a good fit for you and us).
We are very excited to have offered an Advanced Level Training in 2022! This training seeks to support students who have already undertaken a level one or 200-hour training in their personal goals for deepening practice or growing in teaching. Your individual sharing through your own application process will help direct the nature of your training experience. We will be creating our objectives together!
Level Two weekends will encompass Friday evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays. Specific hours are to be announced. There is a monthly practice requirement based on our co-determined path for you.
WEEKEND TRAINING DATES for a possible next Advanced Level training will be determined should there be interest in another one.
The cost of Level Two training is $2950, $250 of which is a deposit/application fee, followed by four equal installments of $675 each, or an early bird, paid-in-full discounted rate of $2700**. Tuition includes unlimited yoga at Firefly for the duration of training!
**Notes about 2022 Level Two fees:
1. The $250 application fee was due by December 1st and is non-refundable unless for some reason you are not accepted into the program (if, for example, we cannot take you because we reach capacity or if we decline to enter into commitment with you because your references or application suggest that our training might not be a good fit for you and us).
2. If you are accepted and go the $675 installments route, payments will be due on December 30th, January 30th, March 30th, and May 30th.
3. If you are accepted and went the early bird route, $2700 was due on December 1st. If you have paid your deposit beforehand, it is applied to this amount.
Subscribe to our Ocoee studio newsletter.
OCOEE STUDIO: 1575 Maguire Road, Ocoee, FL
MAILING ADDRESS: 2824 Woodside Avenue,
Winter Park, FL 32789
Copyright Firefly Yoga Company. All rights reserved.